Video games have the power to bring people together, and that was made clear during last Thursday's gaming tournament at Stanislaus State.
There were intense tapping of controllers, nostalgic sounds of Nintendo, and vibrant laughter in the room as students faced off in two installments of Super Smash Brothers.
“We have a really big Smash brothers community in the Valley,” says Michell Mercado, event coordinator at the gaming club. “We wanted to give them a chance to compete and do what they love,” Mercado explained.
As the roster whittled down and there were fewer and fewer students left in the fight, winners were finally crowned.
The winners for Super Smash Brothers Ultimate were Weapon, NegativeV and Stryker, who came in first place. For the Super Smash Brothers Melee, the winners were Pahwp, No Chill and Crossfit Jesus.
It was a fun night for video games lovers, and the gaming club hopes to have more just like it in the near future.
Latest Signal Print Edition
- Click to view our latest print publication
- Tsuru for Solidarity Brings Powerful Message to Campus
- GALLERY: Both Warrior Basketball Teams Walk Away Winners on Saturday
- Baseball Roundup Week One
- Black Student Union Hosts Special Guest, NAACP Chapter President Wendy Byrd
- James Deitz and Elizabeth Ruvalcaba Showcase Their Work at Downtown Art Space
- RIP Daisy
- The Origin of Valentine's Day
- Warriors Share Their Valentine's Day Plans